CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 26, 2008

It's for the birds

So the Australian open is over...it actually has 1 day left but with all my favorites out, it's over for me. Such a shame.. Anyways, Last night we saw the movie Cloverfield. Don't waste your time seeing it, but if you find yourself in some kind of drunken stupor and you accidentaly stumble into the theater, bring your dizzy medication b/c it will make you want to throw up. In better news, I am amazing at Mario Tennis and Jess has actually been the perfect doubles partner. We always dominate every game...but then again, I never lose anything I compete in. Some people say I'm overly competitive but oh well. Why play anything if there isn't a winner? That's my motto. In even bigger, better news...our engagement pictures are online and they are sooooo cool. I love almost every single one. Jess looks like a model in them. (Give me three quick poses...mean....mean....mean) haha. Anyways, we're excited to see them finally. Lastly, I've really been enjoying some of my classes this semester. My plant classification class is great, and it's nice to have already taken plant id. Our class meets in the Bean Museum so it's fun to be in the building of death a couple times a week. (it's the building with all the stuffed animals, including the new, controversial African White Rhino.) I also have really liked my Ornithology class. Every week we go out birding for our field trips and just identify birds. I'm pretty good at naming most ducks and hawks now. We even saw a bald eagle last thursday. Lastly lastly, I really like my job working in the soils lab. I'm a pro at soil textures and the calcium carbonate test. Plus, we got to plant a whole bunch of bottlebrush seeds for a masters project yesterday. And, I get to work with fire. Okay, done nerding out for now. The end.

4 comments:

The Blairs said...

Josh speaking of mario tennis, rumor has it that the sports games on nintendo wii are pretty sweet. Find a wii for $249 and I will buy it and would have some good times playing some new games. I looked online and everywhere is sold out, unless you want to pay 500. Don't mention it to sarah. Oh wait she will read this anyway. Just find one for me. Then let the games begin.
Ryan

yourstrulydear said...

thanks for saying im a good doubles partner. im going to practice my shots so i will be even better, dont you worry.

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

Thanks for the post Monica!

-Eric

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

The bean museum really is that hall of death, or whatever you called it. Have you been downstairs?? (Obviously you have.) They try and trick people with these nice taxidermied and posed animals upstairs, but then downstairs there are all those scary birds plopped over with cotton balls in their eye sockets. Kinda creepy.