CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

ughhh, the drama...

I HATE group projects...have I mentioned that before? Haha, of course I have. Well here's the story. So remember a few blogs ago where I mentioned the girl who never helps out in our group? Last week we turned in our group project which I worked really hard on. (actually so did jess and she's not even in the class....that's not the point). Everyone in the group contributed except for this girl. She literally did nothing but help with the group edit. She never volunteered for anything, she never did anything on her own, nothing. So when It came time for the confidential group evaluations I marked her as "unacceptable" on several categories including "quality of work". I mean, how could I give her a good evaluation when she didn't do anything?
So this morning I get an email from my teacher. It was sent to all of the group members except for the girl. Basically it said that several of us had given her "unacceptable" ratings and that she wanted to know if she should alter the girls grade b/c of it, and exactly why we gave her those ratings.
So I wrote the teacher and explained that while i felt bad for giving her those ratings, that's what I felt she deserved b/c she really hadn't done anything. No harm, thought it was over.....
it wasn't.
I get home from work today and guess who i have an email from?? Yep, the girl in our group. Awesome....
She basically emailed all of us and told us that she had been informed that several people in the group had given her bad ratings and she wanted to know why blah blah blah. I couldn't believe it. Couldn't the teacher wait to tell her until much later if even at all. Or couldn't she tell us that we needed to tell the girl ourselves? Please someone tell me the meaning of "confidential" evaluations if you don't keep it confidential??? I mean good grief, if i had known she would have found out what we gave her I would have never rated her poorly in the first place. It is such an awkward situation. Even though she bugs me I've always been nice to this girl...now she's gonna think, wow what a jerk. Now I have to go to class tomorrow and sit next to her. Annnd, we have 1 more group project to do. Why why why. I hate it when things like this happen. Why have confidential evaluations if you just go and tell the people what they got rated??? Arrrrrrhhrhrhhhrhhrhrh

3 comments:

The Blairs said...

Terrible job on the part of the teacher. I had multiple group projects. My last group project we had to rate each other. Luckily my professor was not a moron, and as a group had discussed ratings before we turned everything in. I bet that girl feels like a big terd.
Ryan

Juji said...

I'm sooo mad at the teacher. She has made this small situation turn into a huge, awkward situation for the whole group. You should read the emails...ugh

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

That is so not fun!! Sorry Josh! Certainly don't envy that situation.
-Eric