CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Lessons from Seinfeld

Ahh yes, another life lesson I could have passed if I had just listened to Seinfeld. In a classic episode, George gets upset with Jerry when he discovers that Jerry has asked Elaine to pick up his mail while he's away from home. Jerry quickly gets George on the phone and exclaims, "George, I have a very important job for you! You have to flush my toilet twice a day...you must exercise the gaskets George, this is very important!!"
As we were gone, i kept thinking, "maybe we should have someone flush our toilet"...but then I quickly brushed those thoughts aside. I shouldn't have.
Right when we got home I flushed the toilet, and yes, it began to leak. Water was all over the floor. The gaskets must have dried up and cracked.
Luckily, we have VERY good friends (and handy friends) who came over quickly, with supplies from Home Depot, to fix this problem. Life Savers. So, crisis avoided. Next time you go on vacation, listen to Jerry, and exercise your gaskets!. :)

2 comments:

Honeybee said...

oh no...glad it got fixed...I will remember this important life lesson when I go out of town :)

Kristine said...

Haha, I love it! Also, along the same lines, if your vacation involves an airplane, make sure the plane has a functioning philange! Thank you, Pheobe on Friends! :)