CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 29, 2010

I am angry

Guess what happened at the plasma place today? I went there this morning to donate. Just like the last two times I went, I drank a ton of water this morning. I mean, a lot. So as I'm sitting there waiting to go into one of the screening rooms, I really had to pee. BAD

I didn't go to the bathroom though, b/c I was worried I might miss my name being called. After about 10 minutes, I finally got called. I went in and the lady checked my blood pressure, pulse, and temperature. All of a sudden, she calmly says, "okay, your pulse is 107 so you won't be able to donate today". It was almost like I didn't understand what she was saying. I said, "excuse me, what???" She goes, "your pulse is too high, it has to be under 100".
The annoying part is, they don't retake your pulse....not until they get a new system in 2 weeks. That's it, they just send you home and say you can't donate all day long. Can you believe that??!!! I am still angry. I planned my whole morning around this, I drank a billion gallons of water.....I AM ANNOYED!! The only thing I can think of that would raise my pulse is the fact that I was holding in my pee for so long. Is that possible? I mean, I wasn't nervous or anything, what else would cause this? How ridiculous is it that I couldn't donate just b/c of my pulse? Give me a break. I want/need that money and it just bugs me that they don't even give you a chance to go sit down for a few minutes...or heaven forbid, go and PEE!!! I had been dying in the waiting room, which is why that's the only thing I could think would have caused it. Anyways, I'm done venting for now, but if you see me in person I'll probably start again.
Oh, she also said I could come back and try tomorrow- yeah, there are no appointments available tomorrow...like I'm going to come sit and be on standby.....that line is always incredibly long. So now I don't get to go back until tuesday and instead of getting 35 then, I'll have to start over and only get 30. (that is if my pulse goes below 100). I feel like I just failed a drug test without taking any drugs. Blurg!!

0 comments: