CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I never want to donate plasma again

Okay, while that isn't true, I probably will never be able to again. Here we go again...


Today I went to donate plasma again. The second I left the house, my heart started racing. I could just feel it. After last weeks incident, I looked up ways to lower your pulse. I've been trying all of them this morning. I got to the place and made sure I went to the bathroom right away. Then, I tried everything. I tried to focus on the movie that was playing, I tried texting, I tried watching other people to get my mind off myself, I tried breathing, I tried closing my eyes and relaxing....etc.
All the while, I could still tell that my heart was beating fast. I just kept repeating in my mind, "relax.....relax"
Then I got called into the screening room. It was the same girl from the last time. She was much nicer though. She put the cuff on my arm and after a few seconds, she said what I knew was coming, "you're nervous huh?....you're pulse is 132". 132!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was like, good grief. That's what your pulse should be when you're doing a light workout!! It's time to face it, the plasma center owns me. I'll never be able to donate again, b/c I'll never get my pulse down again. The first time it was a fluke, but now it's all I can think about. I'm not nervous about anything they do there. I don't mind the needles, I don't mind the procedure. But since I failed the pulse last time, it's all I could think about. The lady was nice and told me I had to just think about something else next time. But how can I??? Seriously, how can I not think about it. I tried everything. I tried to be calm and my pulse was 132!!!! I'll never not think about it.
What am I supposed to do? Now I've lost $65 potential dollars from this place. That's a lot of money that I could have used!!!! Any suggestions? How can I get my mind to not think about this now? It's not like I was running around freaking out. It was just in my mind b/c of what happened the last time. ARRRRRRHRHHGGGG
Going again on thursday.....to fail again probably.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Find a nursing student and let them practice taking your BP/heart rate several times before you go back.

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha. dimme your star cards...

Honeybee said...

So I am a fan of hypnosis CDs that help you relax. Totally helped me when I was stressing about papers and had major headaches. :) I like Kimberly's idea. Good one.