CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 25, 2010

You didn't wish hard enough...

Just kidding. But no, I really didn't get the Denver interview job. It's okay, I think things happen for a reason. Anyways, I'm still unemployed (and plasma-less) so I've had to find things to do.
Soooo, here is something you've never seen on my blog, and probably never will again: me being crafty. I got the idea from an old friend. So be impressed, b/c usually you only get sarcastic comments, funny stories, and sports news on my blog.

For our wedding, Nana (Jess' grandmother) gave us a really nice picture and frame. The frame is wood and pretty big. The only problem is, our apartment has boring white walls, and the wood is a really light color....so it doesn't really look good up on the wall. Sooo, I decided to fix it up a little


Here is the frame. It's really nice, but see how it almost matches the wall? The green tape is where I started to tape off the center portion that is fabric

Here is a close shot of the wood detail

I couldn't find the camera until after I had spray painted it blue and applied a black glaze. I know, me? I did this! Nuts huh? Also....spray painting indoors....yikes.


Before i removed the green tape from the center fabric

Problem. When I removed the green tape, the spray paint and the black paint had both bled onto the fabric. (as you can see from the top and side portion). Soo....I ripped all the fabric off completely. (as you can see from the bottom and left side)
I decided to paint the inner portion completely black...it was really the only option I could think of. So....here is the finished product.

Impressive huh? Anyways, that was my day yesterday. You're welcome for being a craftman.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Jeff would be so proud of you!!

Juji said...

I know!!! I thought of myself as Jeff's apprentice, no lie. haha

yourstrulydear said...

hahaha. i was pleasantly surprised as well :]

The Blairs said...

Cute. I painted picture frames yesterday.