CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My Phil-tropy

Oookay. This morning, I went into work early b/c many of us today decided to volunteer for Habitat for Humanity later on in the afternoon. I wanted to get as many hours of work in as I could, so I went in at 7:30. Nothing too special, except this old lady told me over the phone that we were worse than Hitler, and that we needed to stop harassing her. See, my job is still exciting. Anyways, after dealing with that one, It was time to go help build this house.

So when they asked some of us to volunteer, I wasn't so sure about doing it. I've heard about doing things for.... "charity".....but I didn't know how it would go. I mean, I figured it couldn't hurt to..."help"....people. <-------did those jokes translate in writing? B/c when I say it out loud it's realllly funny.
Anyways, a few of us got to go help build a house. Think me, building a house. Is that not another episode for my reality show??? I'll have to say, I did a really good job. Mostly I just dug the trenches for the sprinkler system, but I worked hard. And it was HOTTTTT. We worked from 12-4 and then I decided to go home. We could have gone back to work, but we were all gross and didn't feel like it.
After I took a shower, I was starving. What's new? So I decided to head off to Subway.
Okkkaayy, I love subway sandwiches. But sometimes the people who work there are a little sketchy sketch. There were two girls working there. One started to make my sandwich and the other stood there and got ready to add the vegetables. (which of course there would be none added). BUT, while the girl stood there, she was resting her hands on the sandwhich making board. One hand on the board, and the OTHER......resting on the board with her FINGERS INSIDE THE GARBAGE HOLE. Inside that little cut out area where they discard old food and crap. My inner monologue was saying, "Nooo, I'm gonna need you to take off the garbage gloves before you touch my sandwich". She didn't. And yes, she touched my sandwich. I was hungry enough to get over it, but that ain't right.

1 comments:

yourstrulydear said...

ew! welcome to suhhbbbwey