CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 2, 2010

Promotion

Sorry I never blog anymore, I just don't have the time. Wimbledon ends tomorrow and Serena is in the final, so I've been doing my best to watch the highlights after work. I actually get to watch the final tomorrow, so that's the most important part anyways.

OKAY, on to the point.
2 weeks ago I got a promotion at work. I am now an Account Monitoring Supervisor in our customer support department. There are 5 of us in the group. It has made my job sooooooo much better. Before, I had to sit there all day long on the phone...call after call after call. Rude person after rude person, billing problems, cancellation requests...eckkk.
Now, I'm not on the phone nearly as much. I don't take any inbound calls, I just make outbound calls when necessary. Our job as Account Monitoring Supervisors involves doing a lot of researching on our customers accounts. We deal with bankruptcies, forgeries, false alarm fee disputes, and special cancellations among other things. (special cancellations involve moves to assisted living facilities, military, death, etc) For example, a customer will call in to a rep and say, "i'm moving to an assisted living facility so I want to cancel my alarm system agreement" That rep will instruct the customer to send in certain kinds of documents for us to review, and then email my group.
Once we receive the documents, I will call the assisted living facility and verify that the customer in fact lives there (and verify that it is an assisted living facility and not just a retirement home....that doesn't count). Once I make sure of that, I send it to be canceled.
Hopefully that gives you an idea of what I do. Plus, I get to do a lot of investigating about false alarm disputes. If a customer gets billed by their police department for a false alarm and they want to say it's our fault, I get to look into it and decide.
Sooooo, that's it. It's great, I don't have to sit all day long and talk. Me= Happy.

0 comments: