CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Tournament

I don't know why I'm posting so much about sports but It's fun so it's okay. I was thinking about this whole college football tournament. I'm just thinking that it will never happen because of all the money that the Bowl games bring in. Maybe they could somehow combine the bowl games into a big tournament. But like I said, It most likely is not going to happen. Besides, a tournament would probably not help BYU. Look at the Men's Basketball team. They are really really good and pretty consistent year after year, but nobody at BYU makes outrageous claims about their talent and ability like they do for the football team, and there is a good reason why in my opinion... it's because every year they get into the NCAA tournament they lose in the first round if not the second. If there was no tournament, then people would be saying the same thing they do for the football team. Getting into March Madness is really good, but going deep into the tournament is not that easy. I honestly have nothing against their basketball team at all, but I'm just saying, that's what I think about that. This also could just be because football is more popular, but whatever.
That's all I have to say about sports for now. Coming soon: Posts about new movies, travels, games, animals, the environment, and the brilliant Judge Judy.

5 comments:

The Blairs said...

I think that they could make even more money with a playoff system and even keep the crappy bowls for teams that don't make the tourney just so hey still get the cash. A playoff for football would be the best thing ever. Just think, instead of the big name teams just making money for one bowl game, they could possibly be playing in up to 2 or 3 games and be making themselves and many others much more money. And for teams like Boise or BYU that may make it into the playoffs, they could get extra money also. I think a playoff is necessary and would even benefit those greedy bcs people even more, if they played their cards right. The best part would be the possible matchups and upsets, just like we see in bball every year
Ryan

Juji said...

I agree. i think playoffs would be cool, but I just don't think it will happen.

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

on BYU basketball and their tourney performance...did you not just see the las vegas toiurney? we beat #6 Louisvilee and played #1 UNC in the championship game, where we led them up into the 4th quarter. Sure they still won, but they are UNC afterall.

Juji said...

The funny thing is, I know. The mens basketball team really is good. That's why I think it's funny that no one makes a big deal about them like they do the football team. But like i said, It doesn't matter...just wait till march madness and you'll see what I mean.
(PS: Alabama was beating #1 LSU until the last minute of their football game, so by that same logic...)

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

It really is funny that there isn't a lot of hype about our really good B-ball team. They won the conference last year and came in this year picked to repeat. However, they have somewhat consistently made the tournament and left quickly. I think we've gotten used to that. Whereas, the football team is returning to glory and has won the national title in the past. I think that the BCS does make it pretty much impossible for BYU to get there again, unless they can really strenthen their schedule. Hence, the more excitement about football then basketball.
On another note, great publicity from a tournament. College football is the hottest thing in the states outside of habenero peppers!!! Imaginge the hype of a tournament added on that. I just think it would be crazy!
-Eric