CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Why so serious...?

So everyone knows I love movies, especially thrillers and scary movies. I usually don't like the big blockbuster action types, b/c they are usually well, awful...Bad acting, corny dialogue, plotholes, non-sensical stories, zero character development-I could go on and on. BUT, you have got to go and see Batman: the dark knight. It is sooo good, which is surprising b/c everybody I've talked to has like it. And, everyone keeps talking about how good heath ledger is as the joker....let me tell you, they are all right. This movie is great. Usually, everyone loves these blockbusters and they are truly awful movies. Here are a few offenders and some (only some, i could go on and on about them) of their problems....brace yourselves:
#1 Pirates of the Carribean- Plot holes beyond plot holes...terrible. Just try and defend it without using the name Johnny Depp in the sentence.
#2 Spiderman- Unrealistic character actions
#3 The new Star Wars movies- Have you listened to the dialogue? yuck. aaand star wipe!
#4 Transformers-So long and boring. Who is going to win a fight between a truck and a plane? Oh wait, I meant to say who cares?
#5 Fantastic 4- Starring Jessica Alba...need I say more?
There are more examples but these are some of the worst. Now, some might say, "well at least I'm being entertained" No no no, don't cheat yourselves people. That just devalues everything in life. It's like going to a restaurant and eating disgusting, awful food and then saying, "well at least I got to eat" Just wouldn't happen, you would never go again. So be happy that Batman is out, and go see it, b/c it really is a quality movie. The end.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVED the new Batman movie. It was so great. I have heard of a few people who didn't like it and I just think they are complete idiots. Heath was amazing and Christian Bale did amazing as always (although he does do that weird voice for Batman which kind of bothers me at times). But I will have to disagree with you on one thing...I really like Transformers. Maybe because it was mine and Jeff's first date or maybe because I love Shia Lebouf. Either way...it is one of my guilty pleasures.

Juji said...

That batman voice is really strange, I agree. I used to like Shia Ledrunk, but now he just gets on my nerves. But since it was your first date with Jeff, then it's cool.

The Blairs said...

Are you kidding? You can give me the $10 back from listening to your review but what about the three hours of my life. How about violent, awful, terrible plotline, stupid sayings (the Joker was the best character but how hard is it to play crazy)? Yuk, yuk, yuk And after it was over and I found out your dad hated it worse than I did, I said why didn't we leave? But I guess because I thought there was going to be some good moral at the end. Yuk and yuk! I have pledged never to go to these stupid movies again unless I am sure they are well done. Hated it! Can you tell how I felt about it? I'm telling everyone who hasn't seen it to stay away. In case you haven't guessed, this is your mama. Love you Juji. I take that $10 in money or service hours.

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

Mary, I love you. You're great! Josh, you're great too. Transformers was awful, and the Shia was the main reason. And the Batman voice was actually something he did in the comics (so I've heard from my brother who's way into that kind of stuff), but I'm not sure how you'd know from a comic that the voice changed :)
-Eric