CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

What's that smell?

WARNING: this story is not for the faint of heart....well, not really, but you'll see what i mean.

So I'm back working in the soils lab again..fun for me. <---sarcasm. No, I really like the people I work with, and I like my boss, so it's not so bad. Today, I was talking to a co-worker and I noticed a single, what i thought was soil, sample in one of our small plastic bags. It was really dark and....moist. Anyways, I said, "what is that?" My coworker answered, "it's poop". Now, last year we had to do some samples on chicken poop, which smelled awful and nobody wanted to touch, so him telling me it was poop wasn't all that surprising. I walked over to it and lifted up the bag to look at it and I said, "oh, chicken poop again?" (See where I'm going with this...yeah.) He replied, "No,....human poop".
Those of you who know me can imagine the hilarious events that followed. My reaction was much like Elaine's, from Seinfeld, when she realizes that George had taken that book to the bathroom with him. I immediately dropped the bag, raised my hands over my head and said, "okay people, coming through, move out of my way , code red code red" Then I raaaaan over to the sink and began washing my hands. It was so disgusting. Apparently we are doing some tests on poop from the provo water cleaning place. Everyone was laughing at me and I was just making these faces. My friend said, "yeah, you better wash your hands if you ever have to do any of the tests on this." Seriously, i was holding poop....me...holding poop. Ahhhhhhhhh.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Josh. You are such a baby. Just kidding, poop is gross. Please don't throw any at me.

The Blairs said...

Yuck. Poop is gross. Wait till you have babies. I've touched a lot of poop and a lot of poop has touched me.

The Blairs said...

Oh My Gosh!! We just had a "major" poop incident (which is rare with Catey). I will spare you the details, but UUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHHH! I had to touch it. UUUUUGGGHHHHHHHHH!

Enough about poop. Liley is cute!