CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 9, 2009

People these days...

So in my "Living with Plants" class (not nearly as fun as it might sound), our teacher requires us to meet with an assigned study group three times a semester (once before each test). We get points for meeting with the group for a specific time, studying our notes, and then emailing our TA and letting him know what we did. Side note: assigned group studying???? What are we, 5?. It's quite ridiculous. Anyways, last week I finally decided to email the two girls in my group. I've never met them and I only know their names and emails because they have been provided on the class website. I emailed both of them and said how i was sorry i had waited this long to get a hold of them (even though I'm not really sorry, they didn't try to get a hold of me), and I told them how we needed to get together before mondays class review (that's today). And I told them what times I could meet, where I could meet etc... No response. Actually, one of the emails came back undeliverable. You would think if this dumb girl saw that the email listed for her is wrong, then she would have tried to contact us first. No, that would require brain cells. But I digress...not very far. The second girl didn't respond. So yesterday, after checking my email all weekend long, I emailed the girl again, once again politely saying, "I still haven't heard from you, yada yada yada" I told her times that I could meet in the morning and in the afternoon before class, as this assignment is supposed to be done before class time today.
So today, at 10:30 in the morning I finally get a response. This is all she said:
"Hi Josh,
I work this morning until 1 and then have class at 2. I won't be able to meet this morning. Sorry. "

Can you believe the nerve??? She waits this long just to tell me she can't meet? She didn't suggest another time to meet, talking with the teacher about giving us extra time, nothing. Some peoples kids....So, I promptly emailed the TA explaining the entire situation and how I had studied on my own and that the girls "obviously had no interest in helping". Hopefully he'll just give me credit for working on my own. People at this school are unbelievable sometimes. Uggghhh

Also, I passed a guy in the hall wearing a bath robe over his clothes, and duct tape on his shoes...I just ignored him and thought, there goes another bizarre human being. Must be in the water...

3 comments:

The Blairs said...

Josh didn't you know it is funny to dress up in college? The guy wearing the robe, was probably the kind of guy who thinks it is super cool and funny to do something like that. He thinks all the chicks like stuff like that and never will realize what a loser he probably is. Time to grow up a little buddy, no more dressing up trying to be funny. It is called adulthood and college. Halloween is the time for dressing up.

Honeybee said...

So I think it is interesting that for Plant Ecology and Living with Plants he does the same thing. A 100 level class and a 400 level class. I think I would have studied more for plant ecology if i could have been in a group with you and Jessica...oh well. Some teachers are just stupid! Byu does have some weird ones!

Kristine said...

The guy in the bathrobe would have made me smile. I love the totally random sightings at BYU.

Anecdote 1) Once I was waiting for an elevator in the Wilk. The door opened, and inside the elevator... was the first Thanksgiving. People dressed as Indians and Pilgrims, one of them carrying a large plate of turkey. Why not?

Anecdote 2) I was talking to somebody who said they've only been through Provo once in their life. And while driving through, they saw a car full of people, driving down the street, with oars out the window. They were "rowing" their car through Provo.

Provo, Utah... You LOVE it! ;)