CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 26, 2009

Everyone's a critic...especially me.

Okay, okay, summer is on it's way and the summer blockbusters are coming out in full force. I've discussed this before, but it's time to start things up again. Before I start, a few things:
-I love movies
-I believe movies, like any form of art or entertainment, should be exceptional in all aspects
-It is okay to be critical of movies, just like you should be critical of the food you eat, the people you associate with, and the things you do in life.
-Some movie critics may be awful, but many are excellent. (that's why they became famous critics) Their opinion does matter, even if sometimes we don't agree with them.
-You can call a movie terrible, and still like the movie. Just admit that it's a terrible movie.
-It is weird to say you enjoy every movie you watch. That's just not possible. If you do, I might (will) question your opinions on anything and everything in life.
Sooooo, here I go. Most blockbuster movies are terrible. It's funny really. I think the directors know it, but they know how much money they will be making so they don't care. Night at the Museum 2, Terminator Salvation, and of course, Transformers 2. These are just a few of the movies out this summer that live up to the blockbuster disaster category. All have made (or will make), millions of dollars. But as one critic so perfectly wrote: (speaking of transformers)
"I know it's popular. So is junk food, and they both poison your insides and rot your brain."
Transformers will no doubt be a success, but we should expect more from our movies. One critic called it possibly the worst movie of the decade.
Here are some other quotes from critics:
"A 150-minute simulation of life in a garbage disposal."
"...a horrible experience of unbearable length, briefly punctuated by three or four amusing moments."
"...it will give most people a throbbing case of metal overload."
Anyways, if you want to read two full reviews from Roger Ebert or Peter Travers from Rolling Stone Magazine, go here or here.
And just to be fair, click here to see a favorable review. (Although this guy basically says it's just like the first movie, but BETTER!!! oooooohhhh.)
There's my two cents. The end.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha

Unknown said...

Oh Josh. You are so bitter. Are you still mad they turned you down for the leading role over Shia LeBouf?

Juji said...

Yes I am!!! I could play the same character in every single film if they'd pay me millions1

Kristine said...

I miss our Bad Movie Club!! One of the main reasons I count you as my friend is that you share my opinions of Napoleon Dynamite. :) I have a very hard time with the people who love every movie they see... and then, when they act like you're some pretentious prick for having actual quality related expectations for a movie...

Juji said...

oh Kristine.....this is why we're friends. :)