CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

How old am I?

Let me just say this, there are some weird people at BYU. I can't tell you how many people just stare at me when I'm walking down the sidewalk. It's so bizarre. Then there are those people who ask so many obnoxious questions in class. One of those people is in my evening class. He's known in our major as the annoying guy who never shuts up. Picture this: in class, he's usually bare foot, or wearing those gross sandals that have all the straps all over them. He's got that awful Hoover High School hair cut- the one where if you want to get it out of your eyes, you don't actually touch it, you just flip your head back until the hair goes just above your eyes. Ughhh, he's soooo annoying.
Anyways, back to the class. I have this teacher who of thinks he's smarter than he really is. (you've heard about him on Jess's blog) For some reason, he seems to think we're all really young children. For example: one time he literally says a joke from Seinfeld and then goes, "do you guys even know the show Seinfeld, it was really popular in the 90's".


Hello???? I'm 25!

And who does he think he's talking to? I was raised on Seinfeld, I own all the DVD's. I know each episode front to back, and can absolutely remember it better than he ever wishes he could. Then today, he mentions Gene Simmons and says, " Oh, do you guys even know who that is?" Seriously? I'm not 5 years old. Yes, I know who he is. For some reason, i think this teacher believes we were all born in 1995, and have been sleeping under some sort of television/music rock. It's.....kind of out of control. Okay, that's my rant for now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, you're so two thousand and late.

Kristine said...

LOL! For real? It's one thing to act all condescending when referencing, say, obscure Russian poets... but Seinfeld? I'm pretty sure that even my kids know Seinfeld. The reruns are on all the time.

Then again... I know this odd girl who came over once, while a bunch of us were hanging out and watching Friends. She watches for 5 minutes, and says, "Oh, I think I remember this episode." Like 15 minutes later, "Wait? Is this Friends? What is this show?" Huh? After 20 minutes, she doesn't recognize Friends? But 15 minutes ago she recognized the episode?

Juji said...

hahaha. that's funny kristine...and bizarre.

Juji said...

wait....what is "friends"?

Jessica said...

So who's the crazy teacher?...I already have a pretty good guess at the annoying student!