CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 28, 2009

Whoops again

Last night we had dinner at my parents house to celebrate a few family birthdays. It was a lot of fun. I love playing with all my nieces and nephews. (Especially since littly Lily has stopped thinking I'm an alien creature out to kill her). She actually likes to play with me now and lets me hold her.....a big improvement from a few months ago, when just me looking at her caused her to cry.
Anyways, we were around the table discussing Ellen Degeneres as the new host of American Idol. So mom starts talking about the old Ellen show, and how it was such a big deal when she came out on national t.v....which it was at the time. I said, "yeah, but you know, everyone already knew she was gay. I mean, she always would wear those button up denim shirts, you know the kind...."
Just then, I look over at my mom in one of those slow motion moments where you realize wow, i just opened my big mouth....yeah, she was wearing a button up demin shirt. We all died laughing. It was extremely funny, and 100% not planned. I felt bad b/c I wasn't trying to say that everyone who wears those shirts is gay. Certainly not....that's just how I remember Ellen from that show. It was a funny reference. Plus, mom looked very young and hip in her shirt. :)
Annnnyways, it was quite the funny moment. Then again, I'm always funny, remember?

1 comments:

Kristine said...

I LOVE the denim shirt comment. Too funny!!