CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Drag me to where?....

Recently we rented a movie from netflix called Drag me to Hell. ..calm down, it's not as bad as it sounds, it's even PG-13. It's a very cool horror movie. See, this movie came out in theaters this summer, and as usual, I dragged (wink) jess with me to see it. She made it halfway and then got too scared, so we left. When I found out it was being released on DVD I was thinking, cool, now I can finish it. I'm kind of rambling right now, but this will all make sense in a minute. So we start watching the movie while our friend Sarah was over. It's going along...the girls are kind of scared, but not as much as usual, b/c movies just aren't as scary at home.

At a certain point in this movie, it becomes apparent that the main girls cat is going to die. No need for me to go into details, but lets just say, you know the cat is gonna die. Right when this is revealed, Sarah looks at me and goes, "tell me that cat doesn't die...i hate it when animals die in movies." Having seen that part in the movie already in the theaters, I smile and say "don't worry, it's done very tastefully." The reason I said that is b/c the movie portrays it in a funny way, and you actually don't see the cat die.

So the scene comes where the girl is gonna kill the cat. (sorry if this is morbid...hopefully you'll see the humor in a minute) Sarah starts saying "oh no, oh no oh no"....again, I reassure her, "it's fine, it's tasteful". All of a sudden, the killing starts......okay, here's how it played out in the theater....

-The girl starts walking around the house with a knife saying, "here kitty kitty, here kitty kitty"...then, it cuts to a scene of her covering the cat with dirt in the backyard. Basically, you know she killed the cat, but you don't see anything else.-

Here is what happened on the DVD that we were watching. The girl begins stabbing the cat off screen. All you can see is her face and her arm with the knife, repeatedly stabbing. You begin to see tons of blood all over the knife, her face, etc. Sorry I'm being more graphic than I would normally here, but the level of violence is the reason this story is so funny. (also, it's hard to explain, but this scene was done in a funny, exaggerated kind of way, if that makes sense). But yes, there is blood everywhere, then you see her dumping the cat in a hole and covering it with dirt.
.....I'm gonna let you have a minute to take that whole scene in... :)

This all happened as if it were slow motion to me. Sarah covers her mouth and starts screaming and kind of laughing. I'm shocked and laughing, not knowing what to do, b/c I wasn't expecting it. She looks over, laughing, and goes "that was tasteful???!!" I felt soooo bad, but it was hilarious. Then I looked at the netflix package it came in....we were watching the directors cut version, not the theatrical version. yeah.....yikes. In the end, it was extremely funny and we all laughed. Again, I hope you get the humor out of this story and not the grossness. Although, it was gross, and it still was funny. So much for tasteful...

2 comments:

yourstrulydear said...

hahahahahahaha. THAT WAS TASTEFUL!?!?!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha. Sounds classy to me.