CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Hoarders

So....week 2 of no job. BUT, things are looking up. I mean, I like being positive, so even though things are pretty much the same, I have high hopes. I've applied for a job with the BLM (that would be a federal job) which would be extremely cool to get and that's what I'm wanting to get. They don't start interviewing until February though, so I just have to wait. Until then, I plan on donating plasma for cash. Yes, I'm that desperate for money. :)

That's the job update for now.

Now for another issue. Last night I watched the show Hoarders. Each episode documents the lives of usually 2 people who have hoarding issues. I'm fascinated with these people and that's what keeps me watching, but I'll be honest: I can't stand that show. Hear me out. I would call myself an anti-hoarder. I routinely go through my house and throw things out. I can't stand clutter, I can't stand junk, I don't have many sentimental things....if I don't use it, I want to throw it away. As you already know, I'm also OCD, and many of those tendencies involve cleaning. So it just bothers me seeing these gross houses on this show.

Here is why I hate the show:
1. They only stay and clean the hoarders houses for 2 days, so by the end, the houses aren't really clean. I know that's not the real point of the show, but I kind of want it to be like "Clean House", with a big reveal at the end.
2. It bothers me that nothing really happens during the show....they just repeat over and over how bad the situation has become for the hoarder and how they need to get their lives together. well duh!
3. If the show is really trying to help these people, why do they only help clean for 2 days? They make a big deal about it too. Once the 2nd day is over they start yelling at the cleaning crew.. "stop, don't throw anything else away, we're done" What is that about??? How about they stay a whole week and really get the situation under control?

These are my main complaints. By the end of the show, there just isn't any real closure. Anyways, I'll keep watching, b/c it's so freakish it's hard to turn away.


2 comments:

yourstrulydear said...

true, true, and true. and im not a pre-hoarder! remember that!

Dallin and Ashley said...

I am positive that you are hillwarious! but I kinda have a weak spot for the hoarding shows because I like to yell at the tv