CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

yeah, I said that.

[Real conversations I've had on the phone....as best as I can remember]


80 yr old woman
Caller: I would like to update my emergency contact list
Me: okay, the first name on the list is dave, is that still a good contact?
Caller: No, he's deceased now.
Me: oh, I'm sorry to hear that. The next name we have is Janet.
Caller: deceased.
Me: ohhh..... awkward pause.....sounds like you've had quite a time here lately
Caller: you can say that again...
--------------------------
Caller: I need to have the system at our business moved to a new location.
Me: okay, is this Mrs. Corp?
Caller: Who?
Me: Mrs. Kalua Corp.
Caller: Umm....no. My name is tammy. I work for Kalua Corporation.
Me: ohhhhhh.....yikes.
--------------------------
Outbound call
Me: Hi, may I speak with Mr. Sigler
Caller: No, he's not here.
Me: Oh, will he be back soon?
Caller: No
Me: Do I have the right number?
Caller: Mr. Sigler isn't here
Me: Can I reach him at this number?
Caller: No, you can reach him in heaven. He's been dead for 13 years.
awkward pause
Me: um, is this Sila Sigler?
Caller: Yes
Me: I'm sorry ma'am....I guess I didn't realize who I was looking for.

Yeah...I'm used to making myself look ridiculous.


2 comments:

jeff said...

I read this outloud to Jeff and he was embarrassed for you.

yourstrulydear said...

you dunkadunk!