CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Time to complain....

So, Even though I thought I had everything settled last week with my school loan people, here they come calling again. Can you believe these people want me to pay $116 every MONTH!?!!!?!?! Surree, that's not a ton of money to some people, but that's a lot of money to me, when you make the kind of money I do.

Okay, here's the deal.
All your life you hear how education is sooooo important and blah blah blah. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I got a degree.....but what's it all worth now a days? You go to school, take out loans (b/c you're poor.......not poor poor, but the kind of poor where you can still go to college as long as you get loans), and pay to get a piece of paper saying your educated.
THEN, you graduate school, only to find out that people with masters degrees are going for the same entry level jobs as you. (Or Purple Heart war veterans with masters degrees are going after the entry level jobs....but whose bitter?) The economy is so bad, that they have to go for jobs that are technically speaking, well below them. On that note, don't even get me started on how I think masters degrees are scams, as well as most higher education programs....I digress.
So here I am, barely making minimum wage, and these ridiculous loan people are hounding me, telling me that they are reporting my delinquency (big word, i know...) to my credit score people!!!!
It's ridiculous. What kind of country is this? I'll tell you who can solve this....Oprah. Yes, I'm writing Oprah to pay my bills. Actually, I'll write 3 letters.
1 to Oprah
1 to Celine Dion
and 1 to Obama.
If they can't fix this, I don't know who can..

9 comments:

Emelro said...

i am terrified of my loan bills....i agree with the whole thing about masters, it's sad.

Juji said...

It is....seriously, I can go on and on about how Masters degrees and PHD's are just ways to keep people in school, keep them paying that money, and going to school sporting events, and thus paying even more money....etc etc etc. I have a whole theory. It's all a joke if you ask me. Same thing with "General" Classes.....College should be 2 years...tops. (Obviously aside from Medical school...etc) Okay, I've almost written another blog...I need to be stopped.

The Blairs said...

Sorry about your bills, but I'll be laughing all the way to the bank when Ryan finishes his Master's and gets a nice raise and promotion. I agree in some fields Master's and PHD's aren't necessary or helpful, but they are great for others.

Juji said...

I'm not saying you can't make more money with a masters degree....I'm saying they aren't really needed. I'm sure Ryan could and would be able to do any job he's promoted to without that degree.

The Blairs said...

Alright Josh, have to put in my thoughts on this. There is more I want to say but will try to keep it short. I can understand your frustration. Its a tough economy and with your degree there is not much out there. But, not all masters, phd's are just about schools getting their money. Some schools are serious about education. Do you think all those who get mba's, counseling degrees, and so on don't think it was worth it when they finish? Most I'm sure do, if they are willing to put in the hard work for their careers. Yes without a master's I could be promoted, but only to a certain level. If I want to get further than management I need a master's. Even if I don't move up further than that, it is something some people just want to do. I will owe thousands of dollars when I am done. So far, even with online courses I feel like I'm learning and being tested. It's not for everyone but its not just about schools making money. They have to make lots of money to keep things going. I'm sure you don't want to see anymore typing so we can just talk about this on our trip. Haha. If it was just about money do you think the prophets and leaders of the church would tell us to obtain as much education as possible? Just saying. -Ryan

Juji said...

You're missing the point of what I'm saying.
I'm not saying masters degrees don't get you places. Of course they do. They get you better jobs b/c you magically become smarter when you have that piece of paper. Do I know any more the year before I graduated vs now? Not really. Same with masters degrees. We've all decided as a society that we need them to get better jobs. That's what I think is a scam.
And I agree, education is important, and I agree that people should get as much as possible....but who said that equals getting a masters degree or PHD?...when did education equal just going to more and more school? I know A LOT of morons with PHD's.....the scam continues. :)

The Blairs said...

You don't make sense. That is all.

Anonymous said...

I guess we all have different experiences as we go through school. I feel I grew up a little more and learned something, you say you didn't. Your right a paper doesn't make you smarter, the learning, effort and experience can and will help if you apply yourself. Agree to disagree. And yes there are some morons with a ton of education. Everyone has a different opinion. -Ryan

Juji said...

But only my opinion matters...Did you miss the memo?
I suppose I was just a genius before I went to school. ;)
ha ha ha