CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Overrated!

Ha...ha...ha (add Jacksons funny laugh). Well, well, well. I haven't written in a long time and I have a lot to write about since I've been down South. I've had sooo much fun with everybody, but you know me, I have to write about football. The title says it all...and exactly what I've been saying for years now. Last night we watched the Georgia Bulldogs of the ever amazing SEC completely and totally crush Hawaii and it's "Heisman worthy" quarterback. I don't know who played worse, the entire team or him. The announcers said it all night long, Georgia is just on a completely different level than Hawaii. For all of you who still are crazy enough to believe that any team from a pathetic conference like the WAC of MW could beat a team from the SEC, this is your wake up call. We always say, "well we'll just never know" b/c they never play. Now we see the kinds of things that happen. I quoted a stat a couple months ago that said Hawaii had the worst strength of schedual...do you see what they were talking about now?? Does their 12th seed make sense? This amazing undefeated season seems a little questionable now when you go back and look at who they have been playing. This amazing quarterback who holds so many records looked like a high school player who was in over his head. (Side note: when he was finally taken out of the game the team started doing better) So please, don't embarass yourselves anymore. When your team is in a less than spectacular conference, just accept it, and enjoy any wins you get. But don't equate your wins with any national talent, b/c like colt brennan, you'll just be made to look like a fool. :)
Favorite quote of the night: when the crowd started to chant "overrated" and the announcers said, "now is that necessary?" hahaha
Anyways, I can't believe my trip will be over tomorrow. I'll write all about it so you won't have to read my football rants anymore. Then again, tennis is coming up and I always have something to say about that.

9 comments:

The Blairs said...

Silly Josh, that was a sad game last night. I was just hoping Hawaii could do something, anything but nope. But before you get all excited about the mighty sec lets take a look at Tuesdays bowl action. Florida lost to Appalachian St. Oh wait, Michigan. Mighty SEC. Georgia should kill Hawaii. That mighty SEC team Alabama lost about a month ago to what crappy team was that, at home!!!. Come on, Josh overall the sec is pretty good, and they should be because they get the best athletes. Hawaii deserved a shot, and proved that scheduling crappy lower division teams doesn't pay off. Oh yeah and Georgia barely squeaked by bama this year. Hawaii was a little overated but looked a little freaked out to be there. If the hawaii players would cut there hair they could probably run faster. If Georgia played in the islands it would probably be a lot different. Just wait for the 2008 Cougar football team. Collie is good, Unga will run over anyone, Hall hadn't played in 4 years and did great, and they are all coming back for 2 more years. If they have a decent defense they will go to the bcs and beat one those mighty sec teams. I would like to see one of those teams come play in provo, oh wait, they won't because its to risky.
ryan

The Blairs said...

Yea Josh. Good points all around. The only good point Ryan has is about cutting their hair would make them faster...I have to agree on that one. Jackson says he'll be upset if he doesn't get a Christmas present, rude I know, but hey, he's four.

By the way, he doesn't do that laugh anymore. His (and Sunny's) new thing is "Chicka Wah Wah, Chicka Wah wah" I think it's from the preview to the Chipmunks movie, but I'm nut sure. It goes like this, you play a game with him, like Lucky Ducks and he gets a point and starts dancing and singing the Chicka Wah wahs. Really annoying but funny. Then Sunny starts. It's a never ending cycyle.

Juji said...

Bow chicka wah wah....other teams lost to, other teams beaten, blah blah. That game was hilarious...and are you sure that BYU could beat Hawaii....b/c i don't think so. Don't you just love these football blogs?

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

I do love these football blogs, and I think Ryan had many GREAT points. The SEC was not that great this year. Georgia looked awesome. Was Hawaii crappy? No, they just weren't used to that level, not that they couldn't play there, they just didn't have the experience. Hence, yes I'm using that word whilst commenting about football, Colt Brennan sucked. The backup had no pressure when he came in, and I don't think Georgia was playing as intense at that point against him. Yes, Hawaii was a little overated, but no one should have been surprised--they struggled most of the game with the University of Washington!! Hello?!?! I thought that, despite winning that game the BCS should have known that Georgia wasn't the best matchup for them. I think BYU would have played good against--definitely would have been a better game. This, now, is my real point. I think we should be talking about how crappy all the bowl games have been this year. The most exciting game was the BYU game, all because of a 2 and a half inch vertical that was able to block a kick (the rest of the game wasn't too exciting). The Illinois should've been exciting but they choked big time agains the Trojans. Michigan game was almost exciting for awhile, but just funny that Lloyd Car won coach of the year--the same year that he got canned. All in all, it was the craziest season of college football, but I don't think the Bowl games brought out the excitement that they should have. Just kind of disappointing I guess. Will see how the title game goes.

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

Don't get me wrong, though, we've loved watching all this football! Because football is just great!
-Eric

Juji said...

I think we should use words like whilst more often when describing football games. Besides that, how can you really defend Hawaii? I mean...really? You REALLY don't think they were overrated? You REALLY don't think Georgia is that good? Whatever..Bow chicka wah wah.

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

Oh yeah, Hawaii was totally overrated, like you said, due to their weak schedule...that's what made them look good. And yes Georgia was much, much better. Obviously. I think I was just trying to say that it was a stupid matchup. Hawaii is the best of the WAC, that's all we can really say. And the WAC is worse than the SEC, I don't think that was ever in question... Good stuff Juj.
-Eric

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

Georgia should've played USC...I think that would have been a cool matchup. Maybe pit Illinois with Hawaii--but the BCS is soo dumb anyways. I'll stop\

Juji said...

i love hot chips