CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 24, 2008

ooops

The other day at work I needed to fill up a bottle of HCL. To do this, you have to unstop this rubber tube that's attached to the large bottle of HCL and then let it fill up, and the re-stop the tube. Well, In the past, the liquid flowed a lot slower so I thought I could walk over to another counter and continue with the calcium carbonate test I had been working on. No more than 20 seconds later I hear a co worker say, uhhhh.....josh!? The bottle was already overflowing all over the counter. It was a mess and to be honest, I just started laughing. I felt kind of bad, and then I had to clean it up, and it started making the paper towels hot and I was like, um, should i be touching this...and blah blah blah. I felt kind of stupid but I'm good at laughing at myself. They're lucky to have me working there, don't you think? :)

4 comments:

The Blairs said...

bonehead

Unknown said...

HCL--BAD for skin, good for laughs.

Juji said...

maybe that's why the paper towels were getting so hot...uh oh.

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

Yeah it's considered a STRONG acid--miss that in chemistry?
-Eric